1. Archbishop Leonardo Sandri, Prefect of the Congregation for Eastern
2. Archbishop John Patrick Foley, Pro-Grand Master of the Equestrian Order
of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem;
3. Archbishop Giovanni Lajolo, President of the Pontifical Commission for
the Governance of the Vatican City-State;
4. Archbishop Paul Joseph Cordes, President of the Pontifical Council "Cor
5. Archbishop Angelo Comastri, Archpriest of the Vatican Basilica, Vicar
General for the Vatican City-State and President of the Administration of St.
6. Archbishop Stanisław Ryłko, President of the Pontifical Council for the
7. Archbishop Raffaele Farina, Head of the Vatican Archives and
8. Archbishop Agustín García-Gasco Vicente of Valencia (Spain);
9. Archbishop Seán Baptist Brady of Armagh (Ireland);
10. Archbishop Lluís Martínez Sistach of Barcellona (Spain);
11. Archbishop André Vingt-Trois of Paris (France);
12. Archbishop Angelo Bagnasco of Genova (Italy);
13. Archbishop Théodore-Adrien Sarr of Dakar (Senegal);
14. Archbishop Oswald Gracias of Bombay (India);
15. Archbishop Francisco Robles Ortega of Monterrey (Mexico);
16. Archbishop Daniel N. DiNardo of Galveston-Houston (USA);
17. Archbishop Odilio Pedro Scherer of São Paulo (Brazil);
18. Archbishop John Njue of Nairobi (Kenya).
1. His Beatitude Emmanuel III Delly, Patriarch of Babylon of the
2. Archbishop Giovanni Coppa, emeritus Apostolic Nuncio to the Czech
3. Archbishop Estanislao Esteban Karlic, emeritus of Paraná
4. Fr. Urbano Navarrete, S.J., former rector of the Pontifical Gregorian
5. Fr. Umberto Betti, O.F.M., former rector of the Pontifical Lateran
The big surprise, at least for us Americans, was Archbishop Daniel N. DiNardo of Galveston-Houston. This is a new thing, but a sure sign of the Holy Fathers realization that there is something very important going on in the Southern United States.
Let us pray for these men that they will continue to be faithful servants of Christ, even to the point of shedding their blood.