Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Proposal

After hearing the comments here, on facebook and twitter, and in person, it seems as though this blog is of some use to people. So here is a proposal that I would like some feedback on: I will post most of my homilies in audio format, which you would also be able to download and listen to via itunes. I will also endeavor to post something two or three times a week. I am thinking that it should be something spiritual, along the lines of what Fr. S. is doing at Clerical Reform. His blog is geared more toward priests, but I hope to be a bit more broad than that. Fr. S. usually goes through a chapter of a book, an article, or some writitings of a saint bit by bit and adds his commentary as he goes along.

So what do you think? Does it sound like a good idea to you, or would you like something different? Please let me know in the comments, on twitter, on facebook, or in person.

8 comments:

Adoro said...

I like it...sounds like a great idea! :-)

J. Smith said...

Please continue your blog, Father! The homilies are particularly appreciated and it is always enjoyable to read your written posts. An excellent outline for activity on your blog.

Anne said...

I vote you continue blogging, if possible! I really appreciate the perspective you provide on current events, politics, and society in general from your homilies and posts. Posts on maintaining an "eternal" perspective would be particularly vital in this economy as so many are losing that which they considered "safe and secure" and looking for true meaning and direction in their lives.

Anonymous said...

Dana, quite honestly, do whatever the hell you want -- I gave up on this blog months ago.

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Sounds good, Fr.! I am looking forward to it. Besides, it will material for the newsletter. ;-)

Unknown said...

Since I have been out of the parish for 2 weeks and gone again this week, I'd love to have your homilies online again. I'm looking forward to listening and reading :)

Bartimaeus said...

I am new to the blogging world. I enjoy your homilies. I would like to start a blog myself on how a lay person can enliven their spirtual lives. My wife tells me that the church would not approve because I am a nobody and that I have no authorization to blog about such things. What do you think Father?

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Frances, for your uplifting and kind comment!